On a trip to Cabo with my brother and some late-night drinking, we found ourselves intoxicated by the cities packed streets and taco vendors. The simplicity of the food mixed with the energy of the night inspired these simple vegan street tacos. Trying to recreate the moment with some friends, we created a tacos flight by using all the cans we had in the pantry.
Serves 4 | Cook Time: 10 min
From the Pantry:
- 2 -15-ounce cans of 8 Track Foods Classic Black Beans, drained and rinsed (save the bean juice!)
- 1 cup of favorite jarred salsa (½ of 16 oz jar)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt to taste (not required)
- 1 package corn tortillas (8 count)
From your Fridge (optional) or check out variations below
- 2 limes (cut into wedges for serving)
- Add any toppings (cilantro, onions, avocado)
For Black Beans:
- Add black beans and ½ jar of salsa to the pan.
- Allow beans to simmer (uncovered) on medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes. If too thick, adjust with “bean water” until the right consistency is achieved. Smash roughly with the back of the spoon or potato masher.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the black bean to a corn tortilla. Top with cilantro and diced onions.
- Squeeze lime and Serve immediately!
Quick Alternate Variations:
- Cuban: Add Sweet Potato and a pinch more of Cumin
- Caribbean: Canned Pineapple and a drizzle of canned coconut milk
- Tex Mex: Add a can of Corn and can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce